Click here to view the LASFS interactive monthly calendar (using using the Joomla! Events Calendar).Time is shown on the 24-hour system, so that LASFS meetings are shown as starting at 20:00 (8:00 PM).
Any registered user may add to the calendar by listing an event of interest.
The Events Calendar software insists on an end date for each calendar item, even the ones likely to go on forever, like LASFS meeting on Thursday night, and we have chosen the year 2034, but we expect that LASFS will continue meeting long after that. The Events Calendar also insists (way off on the right side of the webpage) on an end time for each calendar item, and we have chosen 11 PM (23:00) for items whose end time is indeterminate or is not known.
Please write the Webmaster if you see any errors we can fix in these calendar listings.
LASFS meetings officially start at 8:00 PM in Freehafer Hall (the back building). You can learn more about LASFS meetings on our Home page and our Visitors page, or by reading the minutes (referred to as "Menace of the LASFS"),
- BoD (The LASFS Board of Directors): Usually meets the second Sunday of each month, starting at 11 AM. Second Sunday gaming starts afterward at 2 PM.
- CFO: Cartoon Fantasy Organization A video-watching club, usually meets the third Saturday of each month, 1PM -8PM. See the C/FO website for details.
- Cinema Anime A subtitled Japanimation-watching club, usually meets the second Saturday of each month, starting at 1PM
Cosplay Sewing Circle: Hosted by Chaz Boston Baen. Chaz writes: We'll be doing some workshops and demonstrations, or you can just bring your project to work on in air-conditioned comfort with other costumers and cosplayers. We are trying to do this on the First Saturday every month, starting October 2013 [but November, will be on the First Sunday].Meets in the back room on an Estrogen Zone Saturday; in both rooms on other Saturdays.See Facebook announcement .
- D.I.G. (The Developer Intererest Group): first Wedensday of each month, 7:30 PM
Estrogen Zone Now Inactive. A movie-watching club: chick flicks. "Ladies Auxiliary Sewing and Fallout Society." LASFS members of all genders are welcome to watch a selection of videos chosen by the Chick Flicks committee, and encouraged to bring craft projects they wish to work on. Usually meets the first Saturday of EVEN months (February, April, June, August, October, December), 2PM - 9 PM. Photos
- Friday Night Open House and gaming, all Friday nights of the month
FWEMS Fourth Week-End Movie Screenings, a movie-watching club. Usually meets on the fourth Sunday of each even month (February, April, June, August, October, December), starting at 2 PM.
- LAFA (Los Angeles Filkers Anonymous) This group usually meets each month in the home of one of the members. Everyone interested in filksinging is welcome, including audience members.
- Second Sunday Open House: Features a Barbecue, the LASFS Library, conversation, and gaming. Usually meets the second Sunday of each month, starting at 2 PM. Dues are requested of members on Second Sundays if they have not paid during the preceding Thursday or Friday. Dues are also required if you attend an open house or anny other"non-paid event" on a weekend day.
- Time Meddlers
- Dr. Who club, usually meets the third Sunday of each month, starting at 10:30 AM.
- TRIPE Now Inactive: Temporal Retrieval of Information Programming and Entertainment, a video-watching club. Usually meets the first Saturday of ODD months (January, March, May, July, September, November), starting at 2 PM.. -- Or, from another point of view: "A motley contingent gathers at the clubhouse to view information, snatched from the depths of time, and displayed on one of the club's Visual Information Data Extration Operation (VIDEO) display units. Temporal viewing is conducted from Noon until whenever the last person runs screaming into the night."
- (Tom Safer Presents Cartoons), a cartoon-watching club. Usually meets the third Saturday of each month. It starts at 10 AM. See the Forum TSPC webpage and click the Program item to see the upcoming TSPC schedule.