April Board minutes PDF Print E-mail
April 10, 2011

Board Members in attendance: Karl Lembke, Darnell Coleman, Mike Thorsen, Arlene Satin, Bill Ellern, Elayne Pelz, Marcia Minsky, Rob Powell, Marty Cantor, Christian McGuire, Warren “Whiskey” Johnson (absent because of work).

Members and Guests: Lee Gold, Barry Gold, Timon Trzepacz, Joe Zeff, Greg Bilan, Don Wenner, Jeni Burr, Tony Benoun, Sherry Benoun,

Called to order: The meeting was called to order at 11: 14 am Opening Remarks: None.

Minutes: The March minutes were accepted as presented.

New Members: There were applications (and membership fees) from Aaron Drucker, David Burns, Adelaide Anderson, Neftali Castrellon, and Javier Flores. All were accepted, unanimously.

Treasurer:  We have money. There has been a Gallifrey donation of $350, and people have been paying dues.

30 Second Reports:

Chairman (Karl Lembke):  No report at this time.

Vice Chairman (Christian McGuire): No report

Secretary (Marty Cantor):  No report.

Comptroller (Bill Ellern):  No report.

Library (Warren “Whiskey” Johnson):  (Not here).

Archives (Marcia Minsky):  No report.

Physical Plant (Elayne Pelz): We purchased a new video projector. This new machine is a much better quality machine than the one it replaces. It has a 2-year extended warrantee.

AV Equipment (Robert Powell):  Rob thanked Thorsen for the work he put in to finding information about video projectors.

Quartermaster/Supplies (Mike Thorsen):  Soda units sold: 17,918 to date, 303 this period. Soda money: $13,027.00 to date, $227.25 for this period. We still have plenty of soap and paper. We did purchase new plastic bags for recycling purposes.

Publications (Marty Cantor): Lee Gold: people are giving us identifications of photos and passing on the word to others to do the same. Lee will be out of contact until the end of April because of cataract surgery. The Board requested and Lee said she will ask Barry to put a tip jar on the front page of our web site. We also requested that there be a web page notice that in-box DE PROF deliveries can be gotten if a request is sent to Elayne. // Lee wondered about Zazzle as it was taking up space – it will be moved to bottom of the page it is on. // Any apprentice for the web site needs to know HTML before being taught about Joomla. The Golds are still looking for an apprentice. // The last DE PROF was a tad late – the Secretary apologized for that – but reported that the next issue would be out on time.

Information Officer (Arlene Satin): No report.

Events (Darnell Coleman): Arlene says we now have a military discount of 5% - and the LOSCON dealer’s room is almost sold out. Also, we now have a Paypal account. Tim: the first meeting of the Developer Interest Group got $35 in donations and 18 people showed up. The meeting was a little long, but Tim cleaned up afterward – and is looking forward to the same next month. // Darnell: $11 was raised for Resident Evil with 10 people showing up.

Fund-raising and Recruitment (Arlene Satin): The West Hollywood Book Fair is coming right along, but Arlene can use more help. And we will soon need some money for our table.

(Significant Others)

Marketing Committee (Arlene Satin): Mentioned LAVA, a group meeting at Clifton’s Cafeteria (which was an early meeting place for LASFS) wanting us to talk about our history. // Arlene also passed around some artwork for our new bookmarks. There was some criticism of the artwork we were shown.

Club President (Arlene Satin): No report.

Agenda Items:

Dirt control. Arlene reported that the bathroom in the back building is often dirty before the Thursday meetings. Arlene had posted a list of what to clean, but the list is missing. Proper cleaning of the bathroom is not being done. Arlene volunteered to clean the bathroom at least once a week.

Growing plants in the Null Space – we need Round-up or better for the weeds growing in the cracks in the asphalt. Karl said he will be purchasing it.

Discussion of products in candy dispensers.

Open Forum:

The next meeting will be on June 12, 2011. The Secretary made his usual request to open the club early for a May Second Sunday. This was granted.

We have raised $62 in the Red Cross donation jar for Japan.

Elayne has seen another building.

Tim wants to be a key-holder – he should talk to Elayne.

Take-Aways:

Karl will buy Round-up.

Taken Away from previous meetings:

Heide will take care of getting an outside “Code of Conduct” sign.
Christian is handling the badge for person to pick up stuff from UPS.
Wendy Wiseman is handling LOSCON archival files.

Adjournment:  The Board adjourned its meeting at  12:14 pm.

Respectfully submitted,
Marty Cantor, Board Secretary
Last Updated ( Friday, 06 May 2011 )
 
< Prev   Next >





Lost Password?
No account yet? Register
NO ACCOUNT YET? Select "Register" on the menu at the bottom of this page.

Please read our "Welcome Message" and "User's Guide" before trying to submit a post.

LASFS Bookmark (2013 edition)

LASFS Bookmark