|User's Guide to Contributing|
Anyone can look at the LASFS website's webpages but contributing to them is only for registered authors. This applies to everyone. Even to LASFS officers.
If you are looking at this page, you may have already registered and logged in. If not, look at the bottom of the page. There's a link, "Webmaster". Email the Webmaster and explain the email address and password you want to use. If you are already registered, you can log in from nearly any page except the home pages. Use the login form in the upper right corner of the page.As a Reegistered Author, you can post messages to Eavesdroppings, Reviews, and Talk Fest. You can also click Submit Link and post new links that will go into the Links (Sorted) webpage. And if you've got Club or Board Minutes, you can go to the full menu (on the left) MEETINGS/ Contact LASFS/ and then go up to the grey menu bar at the top and click Add Minutes.
Posting a submission
1) Go to the User Menu (upper right column of most pages, once you are logged in) and click Submit [Something]
2) Give your post a title
3) Click Select Category -- and select a category, even if there's only one choice (as with Submit Link).
4) Write something in the Intro Text box.
5) Formatting: Keep the three rows of icons at the top visible. B lets you boldface, I lets you italicize, U lets you underscore,
6) Go up above the edit window and click SAVE when you're done. (It's the leftmost of three icons.)
7) Wait for someone on the Editorial Board to approve the post. If it doesn't appear soon, send a message to the webmaster asking if you posted the submission correctly. We'll try to approve your messages as soon as possible. Please be patient.
We're sorry it's so complicated, but that's how Joomla works.
Anyone who posts spam or troll-style insults on the LASFS website will soon find themselves no longer an author.
None of the messages posted on Eavesdropping, Reviews, or TalkFest are official statements of the LASFS, even those sent by people who are LASFS officers, unless they're signed with the person's title as a LASFS officer.
|Last Updated ( Thursday, 03 November 2016 )|