[Rechoose your Home Page ]
Welcome to our website. Visitors please see our Welcome Message.
LASFS Location: 6012 Tyrone Ave , Van Nuys, CA 91401
Google Map // How Do I Get There.
Standing Rule Change: Per Standing Rule #4, membership application is now $10. Starting March 1, 2014, children under the age of 13 who attend LASFS are not obliged to join.
- August 21st — Auction (LASFS meeting)
- August 23rd, 1:00pm - Special Film Day for TSPC: A Tribute to Richard and Robert Sherman with two films that the pair wrote music and lyrics for. The Happiest Millionaire (1967) starring Fred McMurray; Charlotte's Web (1973) Starring Debbie Reynolds, Henry Gibson, Pamela Paige, and Paul Lynde
- August 24th, 2 PM — FWEMS (the last of 2014): Tribute to 1939
- August 28th — 'Creating a Fantasy World" (Discussion with S P Hendrick, Robert Seutter, Maggie Secara) (LASFS meeting)
- August 30th-31st, 10 AM - 4 PM: Writers Workshop : Steven Barnes & Tananarive, $50 donation but any amount is accepted from a sincere student.
- September 4th -- Robert A. Heinlein celebration (LASFS meeting)
- September 11th -- no program (LASFS meeting)
- September 18th -- Big Auction (LASFS meeting)
- September 25th -- "Hallowe'en Haunts, Highlights, and Hi-jinks" Sampler (power-point presentation of Facebook community page) (LASFS meeting)
- October 2nd -- "Forry" Award nominations and voting (LASFS meeting)
- October 11th-12th, 9AM - 4PM: JPL Open House
- October 26 -- Autumn Holiday Party 2 Pm to 10 PM
The Official Manual for Spice Cadets is now available on Kindle.
What's New on the LASFS Website
LASFS meets every Thursday evening, starting around 8 PM, but there's stuff happening at the clubhouse starting at 6 PM. Click the start of this paragraph to find out about the restaurant "aftermeeting."
Los Angeles Science Fiction
Last Updated ( Wednesday, 20 August 2014 )